OTB's technical department has been carrying out water projects applied to the construction of ornamental fountains for over a hundred years.
The execution of a water engineering study is one of the fundamental pillars on which the success of our projects is based.
This work carried out in every project serves to dimension the operation of the installation, which will make it possible to determine in each case:
- Most suitable pumping equipment and their flow rates, pressures and power
- Suitable pipe diameters
- Types of hydraulic lines
- Most suitable materials for each case
- Possibilities for effects
- Operating pressures and flow rates required for each effect.
The design of a fountain project is not only about hydraulics, as the systems that make it possible to operate the fountain encompass many disciplines, such as civil works, electricity, control and automation, lighting, landscaping, maintenance, etc.
Water engineering consultancy
Our extensive experience in the sector has allowed us to learn and improve the development of water engineering projects applied to ornamental fountains through the following factors:
- Multidisciplinary development team
- Comprehensive project approach
- Finding a unique and customised solution for every need
- Coordination of project phases
- Materials manufactured in-house that provide high added value
- Own control software
- Innovative techniques in computer design.
In addition, we provide services in cross-cutting project areas such as:
- Finishing recommendations
- Advice on civil works and all aspects of fountain finishing
- Sanitary engineering for maintaining the water quality of the installations in perfect condition
- Maintenance and upkeep of the installation.
Advantages of water engineering for ornamental fountain projects
Our technical knowledge of water engineering allows us to develop and carry out projects with a higher degree of quality and efficiency.
Our experience in the execution of projects for ornamental fountains supports us in advising on the design and execution of all the supplementary aspects for the proper functioning of the fountains, such as:
- Proper execution and coordination of civil works
- Reduced lead times and better forecasting in water engineering works
- Design of finishes, to take into account the effect they will have on the water fall or the final appearance of the fountain
- Materials suitable to be in constant contact with water and evolve with the type according to the new equipment available.
Examples of water engineering in our fountains
The construction of this type of installation requires prior work to determine the best technical solution in terms of energy, construction and functionality.
We carry out this preliminary work and advise architecture studios, engineering firms and town councils on the correct development of their projects.
Thus, our collaborations include the following:
- Remodelling project for the Plaza Mayor (main square) in Sabadell, with three different fountains
- Project for the remodelling of the fountains in the Multifunctional Square in Melilla
- Project for the installation of the fountain in Doña Casilda Park, Bilbao.